Knitting is the answer when all else fails

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Autumn Rust Cardigan

I finished this cardigan just in time to wear for fall. The pattern is from the book "New England Knits" published by Interweave. The pattern is on page 61, and is called the greenfield cardigan, probably because it was knit in green yarn. However, I knit mine in rust, and am calling mine the Autumn rust cardigan. This cardigan is knit in garter-stitch and has a few charming leaf patterns on the front which I took the liberty of knitting one of those leaf patterns on the center back of the cardigan (see photo). The leaf pattern is charted and very easy to follow and can be knit into any area of the sweater you like, just use your imagination. I knit this sweater in Berroco Vintage DK, which is 50%Acrylic, 40% Wool, 10% Nylon, color #2176. The pattern shows 3/4 length sleeves, but I knit the sleeves to the wrist. This is a top down, knit in one-piece sweater. Sleeves are picked up and knit in the round.
The book mentioned above has several good patterns, it's one of my favorite books, and worth having in your knitting library.

No comments:

Post a Comment