Knitting is the answer when all else fails

Friday, November 2, 2012

Josie's Fingerless Gloves

It's hard to take a good picture of dark navy blue gloves, I had to change the background color several times. I think this gold background helps the gloves stand out better. I made these fingerless gloves for my friend's daughter. It's a great pattern and knits up quick. I found the pattern on www.ravelry.com  The pattern is called: "Susie's Reading Mitts," by: Janelle Masters. The pattern is one size (women's med.) and they are knit using worsted weight yarn and a size 5 circular needle. If you want a little bigger size, use a size 6 circular needle.  This is the second pair I have made, and I really like the picot edge which is hemmed to achieve the picot look. The pattern is mainly stockinette stitch /knit every row in the round, with just enough design to give the gloves a little bit of elegant charm.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment