Knitting is the answer when all else fails

Friday, August 2, 2013

Pure Comfort and Classy Style


I found these photos on www.thefullerview.tumblr.com

 David Fuller is an amazing photographer, check out his website an see all the incredibly beautiful photos which are very upscale and show beautiful homes, gardens, decorating, design, fashion, and much more, most of his photos are decent, but a few I don't approve of. I especially like this photo of this big beautiful knitted blanket. It reminded me of my "Oatmeal throw" that I posted in a previous post.  I knit my blankets and throws on sizes 15 - 19 needles, using two to three strands of worsted weight to bulky weight yarn and usually knitting them in simple patterns. I prefer knitting them in white's, creams, and earthy tones. You can find some simple patterns in stitch pattern books and then go for it!...It's best to choose yarn that is machine washable and dryable. An acrylic/cotton blend works great, or just all acrylic.
 
Here are two more photos from David Fullers blog. I love this polka dot sweater. This will inspire me to knit my own. The light gray organza looking skirt goes great with this sweater. I purchased some sheer gray fabric and a gray lining fabric to make me a skirt several months ago. This inspires me to get working on the skirt and knitting a sweater to go with it......................................And look how charming this little munchkin is in this adorable knitted long tail cap. You can't get any cuter!

In the Land of Nod.......

No comments:

Post a Comment