Knitting is the answer when all else fails

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Baby Dress

 I found this sweet and fun to knit baby dress on senimengait.com
It is a free pattern, and is knit using one skein of yarn as long as the yarn has 365 to 370 yds. It is knit in any DK weight yarn. I used Berroco  "Boboli Lace", 42% wool, 35% Acrylic, 23% Viscose, 350 yds. I really wanted to use the entire skein, even if I cut the lace repeat and the bottom of the dress to only 2 or 3 times, pattern suggests doing the lace repeat at least 6 times. But I found that 3 times gives plenty of length for this size pattern. If you want more length or want the dress to be at the ankle, then you would need more than one skein of yarn, or a skein that has about 400 yds. The dress has a one button closure in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment