Knitting is the answer when all else fails

Friday, February 19, 2016

Pretty in Purple

I knit this easy top-down sweater, and then decided to make a little dress to go with the sweater. And here is my finished ensemble. The sweater is a pattern I purchased on Ravelry. It's called "Lilliputian" by Diane Conroy. Sizes are 9 to 12 months. However, I used a DK weight yarn, that ended up more like a worsted weight, almost. So because of that, this sweater is more like a size 4. But it turned out fine, and actually my granddaughter will be able to wear it. I went through my fabric stash and found this wonderful purple toile (sp?) (pronounced, twall) fabric, which I bought about 12 years ago. I think it goes very well with the sweater. The dress pattern is a Butterick pattern, and quick to make with a zipper in the back.




No comments:

Post a Comment