Knitting is the answer when all else fails

Monday, December 10, 2012

Striped Christmas Stocking

I was visiting with family over the Thanksgiving Holiday in Utah. My sisters and mom took me to a charming shopping village and of course there was a yarn shop so I had to go in. I bought some great yarn and a pattern for three Christmas stockings. This is my first one out of the three. I decided to add pom-pom's to it. The other two stockings in the pattern from, "Knotty Knitter Designs," is one with Christmas trees, and one with snowflakes and stripes. Her pattern for the most part was understandable, but I did not like her gusset directions. So I re-wrote them to suit my taste and to accomodate circular needles. The pattern calls for Plymouth Worsted Merino yarn, but I used Berroco Vintage, worsted weight which is a wool, acrylic, nylon blend. This Berroco yarn knits up beautifully. I am a new fan of this yarn, and it comes in many colors. The best place to purchase Berroco vintage yarn is from www.yarn.com . You might be able to find this pattern on www.ravelry.com . Just type in the search box, Knotty Knitter Designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment