Knitting is the answer when all else fails

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Blue Outerwear Sweater

I have finally finished my blue sweater I have been working on for several months. The pattern is from Twist Collective. It's called "Sarannis" by Robin Melanson. My photos do not show the true color. The color is navy blue and the yarn is called Berkshire by Valley Yarns. It's 85% Wool and 15% Alpaca, this sweater is very warm, so it's great for outerwear.
This is a relatively easy sweater, I really like the directions for the front edges of the sweater, it's kind of like I-cord only done differently that forms a more flat finished edge. The pattern calls for a heavy worsted at 16 stitches = 4" inches, using a suggested needle size of 8. This sweater was knit in separate pieces and then sewn together.

No comments:

Post a Comment